Experience you depend on. Results you can trust.
Over 20 years, Myriad has conducted over 1.3 million genetic tests for hereditary cancer. Myriad is the unquestioned industry leader in variant classification and reclassification. myVision™ is the most advanced program in the industry overseeing the classification and reclassification of uncertain variants and is part of Myriad’s commitment to patients and their families that lasts a lifetime.
Variation in human genes is enormous, with new genetic changes discovered every day. That’s why variants of uncertain significance (VUS) are expected in genetic testing. For a patient who undergoes genetic testing, a VUS result can be confusing; for healthcare providers, counseling these patients can be a challenge:
- A VUS result raises questions yet offers no clear answers for patients, families, or healthcare providers
- Positive results trigger cancer risk management plans
- Negative results help avoid unnecessary screenings and surgery
The resulting analysis and interpretation of the variant database support the Myriad commitment to reduce VUS in genetic test results and ensure:
- Accurate, clinically significant results from every Myriad test performed
- Reduced uncertainty for patients and families
- Confidence for providers counseling their patients