Myriad’s testing services are reimbursed by private medical insurance on a case by case basis. All testing will need to be pre-authorised with the patient’s individual insurance company.
A healthcare provider may include a Letter of Medical Necessity (LMN) with a pre-authorisation request. Our experience with insurance companies is such that we encourage healthcare providers to cover as many of the following points as possible that are applicable to the patient:
- Explanation that the requested genetic test has been ordered by a physician
- Explanation of the medical necessity for the test requested
- If family history is cited, give as much family history as possible, including specifics about relationship to patient, cancer site, age of cancer diagnosis
- Patient’s diagnosis and prognosis, including age of onset and specific location of cancer
- Explanation that the genetic test is recognised as appropriate for inclusion in this patient’s treatment regimen
- Treatment plan, including specific statements about anticipated impact of the genetic test on the medical management of patient.
If you have questions or concerns regarding insurance reimbursement, please contact our office at 0044 (0) 203 741 8128 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you.